So, I think back to the coffee shop where someone asked me “What is freedom?”
I didn’t have an answer then. I don’t have one now. Freedom in both complicated in expression and concept.
However, I spent a month thinking about it.
A few lessons:
Freedom requires clarity.
You can’t find perfection.
Freedom means taking on problems in different ways.
While all of this is happening, you have to keep your vices in check by listening to them.
In short, it’s pretty complicated.This month gave me better questions. Questions lead to greater understanding, which leads to empathy. There is a lot of freedom just in that.
Books – My Goodreads Account
- Against Interpretation and Other Essays
- The Leader’s Guide
- The Art of Possibility: Transforming Professional and Personal Life
- Elon Musk: Inventing the Future
- Thank You for Arguing: What Aristotle, Lincoln, and Homer Simpson Can Teach Us About the Art of Persuasion
- A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy