What do I want in 2017
To keep myself honest, I make a page, each year, with quantifiable goals. Whenever someone asks me if there is something they can do for me, I direct them here.
tl;dr or…just want to spend 5 minutes on this because you already think I’m awesome (and thank you for that 🙂 )
Sign up for my
- Daily Subscriber List,
- Facebook Page,
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel,
- Scroll to the bottom and say hi!
Want to know more? Read on.
This page is the only place on my blog where I’ll have comments, so feel free to let me know about the blog or ask about my goals, and I’ll make sure to give you an update. The context of my needs can is in my 2016 review, as well as the quarterly updates, linked below:
- 2016 in Review: Failure
- 2016 in Review: Successes
- 2016 in Review: Eleven Book Recommendations
- 2016 in Review: The Major Lesson
- Blog Direction for 2017 – New Year Themes!
- Q1 Lessons/ Learnings/ Archive
Update 1/16/17 – Changed some numbers, added some tactics 🙂
Update 2/01/17 – Updated the numbers. Decided to do a Quarterly Big Review. Expect it in March. Built with tactics I’ve used.
Update 03/05/17 – Created the Q1 Page with an archive of the old one. Redid the page. Simpler. Faster. Stronger.
Update 05/06/17 – Updated with some new focus. Q2 Page will happen soon.
Here are my goals for 2017 – Quarter 2
Priority: Video Blog Engagement
If you are a leader looking for insights on self-awareness, direction, and execution – subscribe!
Here are my goals for this quarter.
- Do you have a blog and are looking for content, or, do you know someone who does? I’d love to add you to our distributor list. (0 -> 5) [Please Email Me @ firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Distribution]
- Are you someone who enjoys the content and would like to help me pass this along to your tribe? I’d love to have you share the content on a specific day :-). (0 -> 5) [Please Email Me @ email@example.com with the subject line: Share Team]
- Increasing comments allow for communication between each other and myself. They help clarify the language of future videos. ( 1 comment -> 5 comments average)
- More likes help Facebook/YouTube know that my content is worth distributing. ( 10 like average -> 25 like average)
- Shares help get the word out and promote more dialogue. (10 shares -> 25 share average)
Prefer learning things as you read them? Well, I like to write. I like it even more than my video content.
Here are my goals:
- Blog Growth
- I write every day. I would love to meet you where you are. The easiest way to do that is to sign up for the Daily Reader Mailing List (18 readers -> 20 -> 50)
- If you look to the right, there are lovely frameworks. As this quarter continues, I’ll be adding high-quality video and case studies to each of these links. I’d love for these to be shared and discussed ( 0 Shares -> 30 Shares)
- Newsletter Growth
- I send out a personal essay every week. People like them. It is a different type of writing and excellent research every Sunday. Join up (96 -> 100 -> 200 subscribers)
- Building outlines on articles about feminism, tech, decision-making, and so many other things. I am going to get these on Medium. Love to get some eyes on them and get first impressions. Let me know (0 -> 5 people)
If I’m not here, nothing else matters. Pretty simple.
- I am working on a “lazy keto” diet now. Been working (lost about 30 pounds this year so far!) (350 -> 340 -> 320)
- I get to the gym once a week. I want to improve that. This quarter I want to focus on building an exercise regiment at home, before work. Help please (Daily workout 0 -> 7)
- Meditation. I want to get back to it. I use Headspace. How do you do it? (0 -> 7)