A few notes having no cell phone.
- I am an addict – I couldn’t keep my hands off of it when it is around me. The best way to stay away from the phone was to have it in another room. Leaving it at home during the day worked well.
- Work improved – Without having an escape, I had to get to work. I got to tasks quicker and moved the needle on both work and personal projects. Got more ideas.
- No one needs to contact me – Like when I learned when I cut off my email until a certain hour, using your phone is easy and starts volleys to distract both parties.
- Time – I felt flow much easier and time moved quicker.
- No phone three times a week,
- Calling instead of texting
- When I have my phone, putting it in another room.
- Using the phone as a reward mechanism
- Deleting all my apps
- Batching phone tasks like emails