I hope your idea is too small and doesn’t “fit:” for example. Voltron obsessed,mohawk having, and dog loving hiker. This is hyperbole, but small is good.
So what does that leave us if you get hip now?
- You have an opportunity to understand, before most people, the effects of the internet’s “shrinking” of the world.
- Now that there is no distance(the internet) between someone who loves cabbage patch doll alterations in Indiana and in London, why would they talk to the motorbike enthusiast across the street?There aren’t that many Voltron obsessives dog lovers but when they connect they are going to love each other.
- Trying to understand the impact.
- Back when the internet was going to scale you had to reach critical mass for cultural impact, now you can do it with 1,000 people. That same group of Voltron loving hikers is going to talk, and each effect hits them way harder than a tiny change on Amazon.
- Customer connection and service get relevant again.
- The mission statement with corporate jargon and the telephone line to a robot aren’t going to work (and until AI passes the Turing test it won’t do either). Your story to that mohawk loving Voltron obsessives better means something or else they are going to take the dogs elsewhere.