The “Great Library” originated in Alexandria, Egypt.
Inside, there were several great tomes, and some would say the sum of the knowledge of the ancient world.
Unfortunately, it burned down.
This page is the Life as Usual Great Library, where I host my book recommendations.
Every book here is five stars.
And the best part, I don’t have to worry about it burning down.
- A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Seeking Wisdom: From Darwin to Munger, 3rd Edition
- Finite & Infinite Games
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
- Turn the Ship Around!: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders
- Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got: 21 Ways You Can Out-Think, Out-Perform, and Out-Earn the Competition
- What to Do When It’s Your Turn (and it’s Always Your Turn)
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
- Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration
- Art of Learning
- Freedom From The Known
- The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
- Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder (Incerto)
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
- Prometheus Rising
- Becoming Richard Pryor
- You Can’t Make Me Angry
- Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman! (Adventures of a Curious Character)
- Tao Te Ching: A New English Version (Perennial Classics)
- The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels Between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism
- The Halo Effect: . . . and the Eight Other Business Delusions That Deceive Managers
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles
- The Art of War
- The Personal MBA: Master the Art of Business
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful
- Thank You For Arguing, Revised and Updated Edition: What Aristotle, Lincoln, And Homer Simpson Can Teach Us About the Art of Persuasion
- The Truth: An Uncomfortable Book About Relationships
- Never Eat Alone, Expanded and Updated: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time
- The Go-Giver, Expanded Edition: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea
- What I Learned Losing a Million Dollars
- On Writing: 10th Anniversary Edition: A Memoir of the Craft
- The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements
- The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever